Why is management development important?
An organisation lives from receiving more revenue than is expended. To keep a focus on this is the highest maxim.
Much is expected from managers. They are supposed to lead their employees to the fulfilment of tasks and the reaching of goals. This possibly sounds much easier than it actually is in practice, because leadership roles are contradictory and, therefore they are difficult to reconcile.
Managers are supposed to adapt the organisation to the constant changes in the markets, even when this causes stress to their employees.
They have to budget their resources, but there is always a shortage of time, money and personnel.
It is expected of bosses that they promote their employees, that they train them and deploy them appropriately, that they spur them on to perform and, at the same time, see to it that they all remain content and motivated.
It is necessary to learn continuously, to reflect upon one’s own effect and to continue to develop personally. The managers should, themselves, be capable of performance, should remain fit and healthy, should always be in a good mood, meet everyone in a benevolent manner and at the same time act assertively and be strong-willed.
At the same time, it is important to make risky decisions that will never please everyone.
Management Development Measures
Together with our clients we seek solutions:
- What is my role and how do I carry it out?
- What management style do I use and when?
- How do I maintain an overview of key figures and data? Which processes are running, which will be newly introduced?
- What exactly is my goal?
- Who does what in my unit? How do I identify talents and competences?
- How do I maintain motivation?
- How do I encourage others when things become difficult?
- How do I create a comfortable working atmosphere?
- How can I communicate effectively?
- How do I handle questions and how do I, myself, ask the right questions?
- How do I give orientation?
- What must I do myself, what can I delegate?
- How do I control the results without limiting the scope of my employees?
- What opportunities and risks lie in the current situation?
Together with our participants, we examine closely which challenges they are currently facing. Principally, it will always revolve around moving confidently in your own insecurity. It is about the joy of trying out new things, in connection with trust in your own intuition and competence. This requires courage as well as empathy, so that you can take employees with you by means of appropriate communication and clear objectives.
However, merely taking your employees with you is insufficient. You must also be able to satisfy your own line manager.
- How do I convince my line manager?
- How can I loyally support my line manager?
- What do I do if my line manager is of a different opinion to me and maybe even has different goals?
- How do I find the courage to contradict my line manager?
- How do I demand the necessary framework conditions for my tasks?
Management Development: Why with us?
Management is our expertise. We work with our clients by means of an activating and potential-orientated leadership approach.
Our own management experience enables us to support you in this task with commercial expertise and emotional understanding.
Everybody in our team knows, from their own experience, about management demands and they can look back on successes and failures. We have been responsible for teams, have carried financial responsibility and have had to justify results. We know that there are no perfect managers or fault-free employees. And, nevertheless, it is still necessary to fulfil tasks with a sense of reality and with vision.
„clarity in every difficult situation“
„expertise, empathy and realism“
Area Manager Planning
„significant widening of horizon“
„rich wealth of experience“
Head of Human Resources
get the ball rolling